How to expect justice from an investigation team that is not on the same page amongst themselves? Politics is at play and we will answer all the accusations in court, justice shall prevail!
- From Hindustantimes
In a major embarrassment to the Captain Amarinder Singh government, fissures have come out in the open in the five-member special investigation team (SIT) probing the 2015 police firing cases following a series of sacrilege incidents in umranagal Punjab, with four of its members “disassociating” themselves from the charge sheet filed by its most vocal member — inspector general of police (IGP) Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singh — in the case.
Raising serious objections about certain contents in the charge sheet prepared and signed only by Kunwar on May 23, the SIT members, it is learnt, have told the DGP that only the IG should be held responsible for “whatever fate the chargesheet meets in the trial”.
“If these charges are proved, the entire credit should go to Kunwar and if the chargesheet fails, only he should be given discredit,” the other members have said to have stated in the letter.
The chargesheet that pertains to the police action in Kotkapura on October 14 was filed against six accused in the case — former SAD MLA Mantar Singh Brar, suspended IG Paramraj Singh Umranangal, former SSP Moga Charanjit Sharma, then ADCP (Ludhiana West) Paramjit Singh Pannu, then DSP Kotkapura Baljeet Singh and then SHO City Kotkapura Gurdeep Singh Pandher.
An SIT member told HT that they decided to write to the DGP as things were moving much on political lines rather than on the basis of investigations.
“Every time the IG gives statements to the media, the entire SIT comes under pressure. There were differences within the SIT over the bid to arrest Umranangal when he appeared before the probe team at the guest house of 82 Battalion at Chandigarh,” the member said.
1. Politically motivated investigations make a mockery out of the justice system. Such acts not only take away the valuable time of the judiciary but also waste the time and resources of the police department. Personal vengeance and the undying need for attention by fellow officers/politicians should not be entertained by the law-makers and the law-savers of the State.
2. SH Umranangal Sahib is a clean and brave officer & He will come out of this dirty politics clearly God is with his family He is a man of God and trustworthy.
3. Truth is truth trust on Waheguru Ji.
4. What politics is going on? Why is the government trying to bent down the morale of good police officers?
5. Nobody among common people taking this SIT seriously expects those who have some personal interest in it. The Truth Only Triumph.
6. Truth always wins Bai G and I trust u Bai G.
7. The truth will prevail… and he will come out clean and stronger
8. Truth will prevail
9. Truth is truth trust on God
10.We all do